- Fall Festival runs from Monday 10/24 through Sunday 10/30! Dancers are invited to wear their costumes to class (nothing too movement restrictive please). Parents will be invited into the last 15 minutes of Children’s Program Classes and the last 10 minutes of all other classes to see what we’ve been working on!
- Don’t Forget: We will be CLOSED on Halloween (Mon 10/31)
- October is Refer-a-Friend Month! If a friend mentions your name while enrolling this month, they receive a FREE membership fee and YOU receive a $25 credit to spend as you wish.
First week of dance classes, Hamilton Workshop, September DMA Workshop, and more!
Here are our Top 5 Tips for a great Back-to-Dance Experience:
1. Make sure you have logged in to your Parent Portal to double check that your contact information is correct! You can also double check your class' day and time through the portal if you need a reminder, along with which studio your classes are held in, your teacher's name, and your class content page ( toward the bottom, under "Class Schedule"). This is where you will find your class Zoom links if you ever need to attend virtually, as well as recordings of previous classes, and any supplemental materials provided by your teachers.
3. Plan to come a few minutes early the first day so you can get settled in. Please go directly to the correct studio for your class:
4. Make sure you have the proper dress code items for your class. If you don't have them yet though, no worries! You can purchase all dress code items as well as PP logo gear and other accessories through our on-line boutique. We can also help you in-person at the studio during regular desk hours if you need to be fitted. Please note that shoe orders can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. For the first few weeks of classes, the hours between 4:30 and 7:30pm on weekdays, and 9:30am to Noon on Saturdays, tend to be very, VERY busy! If you are able to drop by the boutique outside of those hours, it is likely to be a quicker and calmer shopping experience.
5. Mark your personal calendars and/or subscribe to our Google Calendar to stay up to date on all studio holidays, special events, etc. Specific calendars are available below, as well as in hard copy at the studio. You don't want to miss a thing!
Hamilton Workshop on September 26th
Mark your calendar and be sure not to miss this upcoming workshop led by Broadway stars! Sign up through the Parent Portal!
September DMA Workshop on September 18th and 19th
Did you know that Perfect Pointe is a proud member of Dance Masters of America and MADM Chapter 17? The Mid-Atlantic Chapter's first workshop is just around the corner! All dancers age kindergarten and up are invited to join in with studios throughout the region to attend masterclasses and make new friends! It's a great way for students to expand their horizons and start the season on a high note. Contact Ms. Suzie for information on schedule, pricing, and getting registered!
Future Workshops and Conventions: Save the Date!
October 21st through the 23rd: Monsters of Hip Hop Convention in Reston, VA November 4th through the 6th: DMA Workshop in Williamsburg, VA
January 6th the 8th: Intrigue Dance Convention in Herndon, VA
January 14th through the 16th: DMA Workshop in Middletown, MD
January 29th: day trip to NYC for classes at Broadway Dance Center and a Broadway show!
Priority Registration and Spirit Week
Last Chance for Priority Registration
Registration for next School Year will open to the general public on Thursday, April 21st, so if you want first dibs on your preferred classes, days, and times, get your registration in by Wednesday night! Registration is easily done online through your Parent Portal from the comfort of your couch. Here are links to the full class and performance company information for your reference:
School Year Block Schedule
Children's Program Brochure
Leveled Program Brochure
Mini/Petite Performance Company Guidelines
Jr/Sr Performance Company Guidelines
Have a blast and show your #PerfectPointePride during National Dance Week by participating in Spirit Week during your classes! Each day has its own fun theme:
Monday, April 18th: Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday, April 19th: Tie Dye Day
Wednesday, April 20th: Perfect Pointe Pride Day (Purple Day) - wear all your purple for #PP Pride day
Thursday, April 21st: Costume Day - a throwback or dress up costume from recital or Halloween!
Friday, April 22nd: Earth Day - green and blues or dress like your favorite animal
Saturday, April 23rd: Pajama Day - comfy cozy Saturday feels