2019 Recital Basics - Springfield
Costumes & Recital Fee
- Costume prices for each class are listed on the Recital Class Details page. Costume payments are due by Saturday December 1st. If you are on auto-pay and have not paid by another method before then or notified the desk that you will NOT be participating in recital, your costume payment will be automatically charged along with tuition and recital fee on Dec. 1st. Everything (teachers please list all accessories, tights, etc. for each class’s specific costume) will be included with your costume except proper shoes. If you do not have the appropriate dress code shoes yet, make sure you get them soon. Students will not be allowed to perform without proper dress code shoes.
- Costumes are non-refundable once ordered. We know this seems early but dance costumes are all made to order and must be ordered by the beginning of January in order to be guaranteed to get here in time for our picture days.
- We will carefully measure all students over the next few weeks and then factor in growing room before ordering, but occasionally costumes still do not fit perfectly when they arrive. Any necessary adjustments are your ultimate responsibility. We can advise you on how to perform minor alterations like hemming pants and shortening or letting out straps yourself or you can take them to a local seamstress.
- A recital fee of $35 per student is also due by Saturday December 1st. Siblings in the same recital are only $15 for each additional, students in more than 1 recital only owe $15 for each additional recital. If you are on auto-pay and have not paid by another method before Dec. 1st or notified the desk that you will NOT be participating in recital, your recital fee will be automatically charged along with tuition and costume on Dec. 1st. The recital fee helps cover production expenses such as professional lighting, livestream video available for family and friends who can’t be there in person (watch livestream here on recital day), higher quality video in our green rooms for the students waiting backstage and a digital download video of each recital dance available to each family that you can then share with as many family and friends as you like. No more buying multiple copies of expensive DVDs for all the grandparents! 😊
- Recital t-shirts, which will be black with purple and white design and have all students’ names on the back are also available for pre-order at this time. Recital t-shirts are $22 pre-order or $25 at the show, keeping in mind that there will be very limited quantities available on show day. Please stop by the desk to order.
- Perfect Pointe holds 2 separate recitals that day which will each be approximately an hour and 45 minutes long. See the Recital Class Details page to lookup which one your class is in.
- Call time for dancers will be 30 minutes in advance and they must stay for the whole recital even if your dance is towards the beginning of the show, as all classes participate in the final curtain call together.
- Each Pre-school, Dance Combo, Level I and Level II class will have 1 or 2 designated backstage helpers for the dress rehearsal and for the recital. If you would like to be a backstage helper, we will ask for volunteers closer to the show and you can do that, but we will also be hiring professional babysitters (all background checked, experienced, First Aid & CPR certified, etc.) to fill this role, so we will not be harassing you to volunteer as we have sometimes had to do in the past. 😊 Please note that in order to keep things safe and organized, only designated staff and volunteers will be allowed in the “green room” or backstage areas during the show. You will sign your dancer in at their call time and out after the curtain call, and we will take great care of them in the interim while you enjoy the show!
- Recital tickets are $14 for rows A-H or $8 for the remainder of the auditorium. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 24th at 7:00pm. All tickets are reserved seating and are available on a first come, first served basis, with each family initially being limited to 5 tickets. Any remaining tickets can be purchased with no limit beginning on May 8th, once everyone has had a chance to purchase their initial 5.
- Your tickets can be purchased online, by phone from the ticket vendor, or if you have questions, we can help you in person at the studio. Please let us know before April 17th if you need special seating accommodations for anyone in your party.
Dress Rehearsal – Wednesday, May 8th or Thursday, May 9th @ Bryant High School
- See the Recital Class Details page to lookup the day and time of your Dress Rehearsal.
- Please arrive a few minutes early and in costume or leave enough time to change when you arrive so that you/your dancer are ready to go onstage at that time.
- All students MUST be at the dress rehearsal in order to perform in the show. NO EXCEPTIONS. Students need this opportunity to get comfortable dancing in their costume, get familiar with the big stage, get their jitters out, etc. This rule will be strictly enforced to be fair to all who make the commitment.
- Dress rehearsal is broken into small chunks so most classes will have not have to be there for more than an hour or so, many less than that, to run through their dance(s) on stage and practice the curtain call.
- Recital photos will be taken during your normal class time the week before show week (Monday, April 29th through Saturday, May 4th).
- Sweet Lime takes the photos right at our studio and they are always wonderful – you can purchase class photos as well as individual photos. Last years’ class photos are in a photo album in the lobby if you want to check them out.
- All students should plan to attend even if you do not wish to purchase pictures – recital dances will be rehearsed in addition to getting pictures taken and the studio would like a full class picture of all classes.